Careers Education at Little Ilford School is aspirational for all students. We want all students to work towards a fulfilling professional life. Currently 99.6% of our students continue in education or training after leaving Year 11. Students are made aware of career pathways, employment opportunities, further training including degree courses and other options such as apprenticeships. Students get the opportunity to go out on various aspirational school trips to universities and specialist colleges. At Little Ilford School we have developed excellent links with businesses and regularly have guest speakers delivering specialist talks to our students.
Please see below grid outlining the careers programme currently taking place:
|Year 7 & 8||
If you need careers advice what do you do?
- Students can call in to the Careers Office at break or lunchtimes, and after school to speak to Miss Ford.
- Students and parents can email or telephone Miss Ford with any queries. Meetings can be arranged where necessary.
- Students should make use of the careers resources readily available in the library and careers office. These include:
- Sixth form, college and university prospectuses.
- Careers and job leaflets/books.
- Apprenticeship information.
- Application forms
- CV and interview skills preparation.
For further information please contact Miss Ford on 0208 928 3509 or alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org